First District Veteran of the Year Award Nomination
The 2019 Veteran of the Year Award submission deadline has passed. We will begin accepting 2020 Veteran of the Year Award nominations soon! Please check back for updates.
- Must be a veteran of one of the five Armed Forces of the United States, including Reserve or National Guard, or United States Merchant Marines.
- Nominated Veterans must live within the First Congressional District, which encompasses Kenosha County, Racine County, Walworth County, and portions of Rock, Waukesha, and Milwaukee Counties.
- Must be able to supply a DD-214.
The recipient of the Veteran of the Year Award will be selected based on:
- SERVICE: Demonstrate a commitment to service in their community. This could be through advocacy, community projects, an act of heroism, or other actions.
- EXCELLENCE: Provide an example of how this veteran exudes a spirit of excellence.
- DEDICATION: Have a dedication to supporting their fellow veterans and building bridges between veterans and our greater Southeast Wisconsin community.
If you have questions, please contact our Janesville office at 608-752-4050.
Nomination Deadline: 2019 CLOSED