First District Veteran of the Year Award Nomination
We are now accepting applications for the 2021 Veteran of the Year Award!
- Must be a veteran of one of the five Armed Forces of the United States, including Reserve or National Guard, or United States Merchant Marines.
- Nominated Veterans must live within the First Congressional District, which encompasses Kenosha County, Racine County, Walworth County, and portions of Rock, Waukesha, and Milwaukee Counties.
- Must be able to supply a DD-214.
The recipient of the Veteran of the Year Award will be selected based on:
- SERVICE: Demonstrate a commitment to service in their community. This could be through advocacy, community projects, an act of heroism, or other actions.
- EXCELLENCE: Provide an example of how this veteran exudes a spirit of excellence.
- DEDICATION: Have a dedication to supporting their fellow veterans and building bridges between veterans and our greater Southeast Wisconsin community.
If you have questions, please contact our Janesville office at 608-752-4050.
Nomination Deadline: October 8, 2021