Steil Urges Governor Evers to Provide Transparency, Develop Effective COVID-19 Vaccine Strategy in Wisconsin
WASHINGTON, D.C.—Congressman Bryan Steil (WI-01) urged Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers to provide transparency on Wisconsin’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan. Steil was joined by Wisconsin Senator Tammy Baldwin in this request.
“The coronavirus vaccines play a crucial role in keeping our communities safe and defeating this virus. Across the state, frontline workers, seniors, and our most vulnerable populations are uncertain about when they are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. We must ensure the State of Wisconsin has a plan in place to disseminate information to the public and allocate the vaccine. Wisconsin’s vaccination campaign must be fair and transparent, and we must ensure anyone who wants to receive a vaccine has the ability to do so,” said Rep. Steil.
Specifically, Steil and Baldwin ask Governor Evers to provide answers to the following questions on Wisconsin’s vaccination strategy:
- What is your administration doing to distribute and administer the vaccine effectively and rapidly?
- When do you expect members of the general public to have access to the vaccine?
- How will the vaccine be distributed geographically across Wisconsin?
- What partnerships are in place across the state with health departments and providers to help carry out your vaccination plan? How are you working with partners across the state to communicate scientifically accurate information about the importance of getting vaccinated when the vaccine is widely available?
- We understand that the state has received unclear information from officials with Operation Warp Speed (OWS) regarding vaccine allocations. What additional resources or information do you need to ensure that vaccine distribution in the state will be conducted in an efficient manner? What steps have you taken to ensure that there is a high level of transparency for members of the public during this time?
- The Wisconsin’s Department of Health Services (DHS) has worked to convey accurate information about the spread and impact of COVID-19 in the state. Can you describe how vaccine information will be incorporated into this effort and made available to the public?